No More Radio internships offer you hands-on experience with working in online radio and podcasting.
Our goal is to provide all our interns with an educational experience, and in return we expect all our interns to be proactive, professional and serious about their work. More importantly we expect all our interns to be honest, have a strong sense of integrity, and to have fun!
Digital Marketing Internships
The Digital Marketing Intern will work directly with the Director of Marketing, the Executive Producer and Creative Director to develop, edit and execute relevant content for our marketing and social media campaigns; this includes both our podcast partners and No More Radio. You will be responsible for social media content development, podcast promotion, and event promotion (may include live tweeting/posting).
Applicants who want to apply for this internship should meet the following guidelines:
• An interest in media, podcasting, journalism and/or radio is an asset.
• Strong writing and editorial skills required.
• A strong project manager with the ability to work from anywhere and thrive with minimal supervision.
• Knowledge of WordPress or other CMS recommended (but not necessary).
• Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite strongly recommended.
• Must be familiar with multiple social media channels / outlets including (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Reddit, snapchat, ones we don’t know of yet… those exist.
• Familiarity with 3rd party CMS / aggregators encouraged
• Familiarity with at least two forms of analytics programmes (Google, Hootsuite, Sysomos, Radian6, etc.)
• We are a creative community, and we hire the same!
• You must be able to work well with others, but are an independent working with high personal work ethic
• Quick thinking, professional, honest, open, driven, passionate – all of these words apply to you.
You must be based in either Montreal, Quebec or Toronto, Ontario and either enrolled in, or a recent graduate from a post-secondary programme in marketing, advertising, social media marketing, writing / communications, PR, digital media, journalism or similar.
• Fluent English is mandatory; bilingual (FRE) is considered an asset.
• Interns work on a part-time basis for 15-20 hours a week, from three to six months (to coincide with a school programme), from home, and/or on location during recording sessions. (With weekly meetings in person, or via skype)
• You’ll be expected to communicate with No More Radio staff during business hours Mon-Friday, 10-4. (flexibility available)
• You must have full time access to a personal laptop or desktop computer (Mac or PC)
No jobs come without perks! No More Radio offers:
• a flexible, work-from-home schedule – so you can take your work on the go!
• Our structured internship programme works towards achieving your academic goals, with mentorship from a plethora of talented industry professionals
• No More Radio is a broadcast, media network with direct access to cool events, and cool events.
• A small team management team allows for greater responsibility, leading to the creation of a stellar portfolio in just a short amount of time.
No More Radio is a volunteer run network. None of us get paid for the work we do, at least not yet. As such, for now all our internships are unpaid, can be used in exchange for course credit if your University or College program permits. All successful interns receive letters of recommendations, professional mentorship, a stellar portfolio, and amazing opportunities to network.
If you’re interested applying, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please remember to specify which internship you are applying for.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch!